Monday 9 June 2008

Distance learning

Well actually distance teaching would be more accurate. My aunt wanted to learn how to stitch the Christmas Humbug I sent her some years ago so together with the printed instructions I made some samples at vary stages of construction. Her package with all necessary supplies will go in the mail today. I hope she likes it. The first stage is just a rectangle. I stiched on 28 count lugana with scraps of DMC in red and two shades of green. You need gold seed beads as well. Next stitch up the sides and base by whip stitching the buttonhole edge. The stuff with dacron filler and squash the top seam so its at right angles to the base and stitch together - not fogetting to insert the twisted cord hanger which I did on the one that has the gold thread!! Finally a tassell on the bottom and voila - a Christmas Humbug for your tree.

3 comments:

Carol R said...

Great humbug Margaret

Sachiko said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Lelia said...

Oh - fantastic. I found a free pattern on the Caron Collection web site [for a humbug] and I just have not gotten around to it.

Yours is lovely : )