Friday 15 August 2008

A basket full of goodies

Nothing I can show you yet on the stitching front as it's all for others and I must not spoil the surprise. So instead here's the basket of goodies from my coffee table. It is amazing the comments it produces from guests. "Where did they come from?" and when I start off "Iceland, Ballarat, Oregon, Connecticut... I usually get stopped by the exclamation "How do you know these people?" So thank you to all of you who have become friends in the world of exchanges. I have had an amazingly interesting year so far with still more pleasures to come.
I'm currently working on a return exchange for Crazy Exchange group, a mattress pincushion for Hooked On Exchanging and two PIFs. Having previously been a one at a time person it is taking some will power to have so many projects on the go at once but it is more pleasurable than stressful which is good :-)

Have a good weekend. I have Embroiderer's Guild tomorrow so am looking forward to that.

6 comments:

staci said...

Your basket is full of beauties! It is fun to have such goodies from all over the world!!!

Sonda said...

That's a fun little basket of goodies! Someday I hope to have one like that!!

Gill - That British Woman said...

wow, that is so neat........there are a lot of lovely people in this world aren't there?

Gill from Canada

Anonymous said...

i love your basket of goodies i would so like to join in some of these exchanges but what with my own stitching and pifs as well as raks i dont know where i would fit it in. lol beautiful lot.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I just wanted to say I'm glad you had a chance to cook the cabbage casserole. On the 27th there will be a post on 50 + 1 recipes for cabbage. This weeks 50 + 1 recipes is carrots.

I really must pick up my cross stitch again, its been a long while since I stitched.

Gill

Nana's Quilts said...

Isn't it just so much fun to have folks from all over the world to keep in touch with? I feel so lucky and love to tell folks about how much fun I have.

Good wishes,
Marne