Tuesday 18 November 2008

The love of my life??!!

I have a love affair with DMC 115. Several of the Christmas ornaments I have stitched have benefitted from this love. Here's the latest. A Quaker Christmas Strawberry from a JCS Ornament issue stitched on Cashel Antique White linen with DMC115.
This came up so well that my mother decided to copy it but her strawberry turned out to be a giant - something to do with poor eyesight = coarser fabric perhaps? But no matter, Mother is as thrilled with her Giant Quaker Christmas Strawberry as I am with this one which has gone by air to its home far away. I have more linen, more thread, more felt leaves, more ribbon but no more time this year to make another for me. Isn't this a busy time of year??

3 comments:

Lynn B said...

Wow this is exquisite Margaret! I sent you an email a few days ago, I hope you got it.

Ginnie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I agree DMC 115 is one of my favs too, I am using it to make placecards for the Christmas table.

staci said...

Gorgeous ornament Margaret!!! And I agree, DMC 115 is definately a favorite!!!