Thursday 23 April 2009

Tonight - a new start

Tonight I plan to start on a piece for our Embroiderers Guild exhibition in August.

I want to make a small stitched book about Anne of Green Gables -Last year was the centenary of the red headed Anne and I found a sampler -forget where now- and had several other ideas so look forward to starting.

The first page I shall do although it may not be the first page of the finished book will be to embellish a printed photograph of Anne's favourite apple blossom. I took a photograph of some blossom, ironed some calico carefully on to waxed freezer paper, cut that accurately to A4 size and printed off the photograph from the computer directly on to the fabric. Once the paper is peeled off preparations are complete. Now it needs some stitching, some beads and some general titivating.

Also I need to mention that Valerie at Fog City is having a 4 year blogaversay. What an achievement to reach that milestone. Congratulations Valerie.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

sounds like an interesting technique i've never heard of before, i am intrigued and will look out for you posting a photo of the page.

Lucy said...

I just did that same technique on some muslin yesterday for a craft I'm doing.....isn't it cool how you can do that?