Saturday 13 February 2010

Brides Tree SAL

Last night I finished the first of the Brides Tree Christmas Ornaments. You can see the SAL here. I decided to stitch these for my niece who is getting married in August and will either make or buy a fancy Christmas Box for her to keep them in. The idea of twelve ornaments with special meanings really tickled my fancy and believe me this is quite addictive!

The January Ornament was to be a house symbolising Protection. I stitched this "house" from the 2007 JCS Christmas Ornament issue in DMC threads of my own choice on Edinburgh Linen.

The February Ornament is to be a heart symbolising Love and this one is a freebie which I am stitching in Threadworx dark variegated red.

I plan on stitching them all on Edinburgh linen and finishing them as hanging ornaments with the same Christmas fabric on the back. Already I can see the rush to get all twelve finished and ready in December - oops. Maybe I won't leave them all to the end of the year.

I'm off now to watch Antiques Road Show and Monarchy on TV while completing the February Heart. During the week I was really distracted by this intriguing book - have you read it? My friend Kathy loaned it to me and although it's a while since I have been so successfully drawn into the story in any book I've read I was hooked from page one. This is an amazing plot, well crafted and an excellent read. I can see a movie coming of this one too.
Have a good evening everyone

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I read Her Fearful Symmetry last year when it came out and loved it!
Very different to her last novel, but none the less it was great.

Look forward to seeing all 12 of your ornines :-)

acereta said...

Nice ornament!