Saturday 1 October 2011

A stitching update and the results of a draw

Hello to you all.   It has been chilly with threatening rain here all day and although I have been out and about the HDHBEM has been indoors knitting.  She has two garments on the needles at present -  one is a test of concentration and is consistently put aside while the "neural paths" revive.   The other is plain knitting and is definitely the favourite as little concentration is required!!

I have been stitching and the first of the Brides Tree Ornaments is completed.   These will not be finished as ornaments.  I intend to quilt them - with a suitably coordinating fabric- and create a table runner for one of my nieces.   Being quite sure that she would not want twelve hand made ornaments for her Christmas tree, but having confidence that she would appreciate the symbolism I decided on a "non-ornamental" finish.  No way these will be finished for Christmas this year -  this is a long term project with completion scheduled for November 2012.

My pale pink pulled-thread piece is also started.   I'm really enjoying the change from little XXX's but as the instructions are all in French this is proving somewhat of a challenge.   There are nine little squares each with a different 'stitch' and I plan on making the completed piece into a cushion.

Now as promised, today was the day for the draw.   I persuaded the HDHBEM to perform once more and here she is...

Despite cataract surgery the left eye still has poor vision - and in my book both ears are half deaf !! -

But nothing wrong with the hands - or the curiosity to see who is the lucky winner.

And so Ann if you will email me your postal address the 12 Days of Christmas chart will be on its way to you.   Perhaps you will get these stitched in time for December 25th?? Eighty four stitching days left.
Thankyou to all who participated in this draw.   It is encouraging to know so many actually read my ramblings.
Have a good evening.  I am off to do my dinner dishes before settling down to watch Midsomer Murders.

4 comments:

Gillie said...

Congratulations, Ann, you can do it! Well done, Margaret on the French directions, very impressed. Lovely picture of the knitting whiz kid.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I can't believe my name was drawn, thank you Margaret. I'll e-mail you my details. I can relate to the knitting comments - plain and simple is great for relaxation but something more complicated is very rewarding.

Tatkis said...

Congratulations to the lucky winner!
And I love this serie of ornaments, planning to stitch at least this one :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Catherine said...

Congrats to Ann!!