Sunday 4 November 2012

Confined to quarters

Today I been indoors all day as the HD3QEM will not let me out in to what she describes as "biting cold".   The sun is shining so it can't really be that bad, can it?
So I have been indoors beavering away at my lavender hussif and listening to this
This was a fun audio book -  the baddies got what they deserved and the goodies excaped almost unscathed!
I have also been blog surfing and found this
M
(Taken from this site http://www.dailydropcap.com/tag/m)
Can you see that transformed into an embroidery piece?   I can and my conviction that I can only do counted work has suffered a slight denting as I consider how this M could be interpreted in floss and linen.   Perhaps I would change the orange to a royal blue but I can see myself adding yet another M to my collection.
I'm off for some afternoon tea and another dose of cough mixture.
 

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Audio books and stitching are the perfect thing for when you have to stay indoors. Hope you are feeling good as new very soon!

Shirlee said...

A cup of tea, some stitching, & an audiobook. Sounds very cozy : ) Hope you feel better soon!

Nicola said...

Thank you for the recommendation for The Submission, I have read the synopsis and some reviews and I think that we will both enjoy reading/ listening to it.

My DH reads and I listen whilst stitching.

I hope that your cough gets better soon.

My DM would insist on me wearing a vest!!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

You and my husband are definitely following the same path this weekend. He's getting there, I hope you are too Margaret.

cucki said...

i hope you feel better soon...
books and stitching and tea are THE BEST
hugs xx