Friday 2 January 2015

A New Year and ....

The second day of 2015 is almost over and after an afternoon at Wynyard Quarter down on the Auckland waterfront, I am nursing some sunburn and am feeling a little tired.  
Not too tired though.   I plan on a new start but in actual fact I have been finishing off the last two projects from 2014.
The teensy tiny Adam and Eve sampler will get to spend a couple of nights on the Christmas Tree before being put away for the next twelve months.   I am pleased with this one.  It is only a smidgen over 4cm square and I have finished it with red ribbon studded on the vertical sides with silver pins and gold beads.   Ornaments need a little bling don't they?
The stitching is finished on the Mary Beale Christmas Wreath and I have dark green velvet in my stash for the backing.   I plan on making this into a circular cushion style wall hanging and will post photos when the construction is complete.   Meanwhile, wrinkles and all here is a photo of the current status.

Just as I don't ever do reviews of the past year I am not going to publish a list of my planned projects for 2015 either.   However one thing I have decided to stitch is my Sampler Casket and I have the threads and linen ready for that.   Once a couple of finishing jobs are completed I will make a start on that.   So the list of necessary finishes is
Acorn Sampler Reticule -  I need to purchase the lining for that
Sampler Chatelaine -  just needs lining
Mary Beale Wreath -  needs backing and stuffing

I don't want to have a lot of projects on the go at once and once these three are done I will be able to proceed with a clear conscience.   Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Palkó said...

I wish You a Happy New Year! :)

Shebafudge said...

Good luck with your stitching in 2015. Adam and Eve is a really cute design and I love the way you finishes it. xx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The idea of getting the sun very much appeals at the moment. It's been wet here for several days and windy too. I'm consoling myself that at least it's not snow!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's tipping it down with rain here so I don't need to hear about sun burn LOL.
The A&E ornie is so sweet, I love small scale stitching so much.
Looking forward to your projects in the coming year

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Especially the Sampler Casket!