Saturday 10 June 2017

Spring Cleaning - not this weekend

Last weekend I was a bundle of energy and with the prospect of Little Sister coming to visit later this month I gave my kitchen a thorough Spring Clean.   Well, it is Winter here in New Zealand but Spring will come?   Anyway, all good.   The kitchen is now clean and rearranged so the DBEM can lift the cups and plates and what she needs through the day more easily than before.
This weekend I have a nasty head cold and even the prospect of a visit from Little Sister did not give me any energy for any chores.   I curled up on the sofa with a lemon and honey drink beside me and read all 700 odd pages of  Elizabeth George's Just One Evil Act.   This evening I feel well enough to finish off my knitting - the first sleeve - and watch Antiques Road Show.   It will however be a silent evening as I have no voice.   The DBEM has the earphones of her talking book plugged in, I have my knitting and another book.   We are both happy-ish

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Hope you feel better soon. x

cucki said...

Sending you big hugs and smiles x

Kristen said...

Feel better Margaret!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Sorry you've got a cold Margaret. Relax and recover whilst enjoying a little reading and knitting - the best therapy:-)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sometimes it's enough to sit back and relax!

Leonore Winterer said...

Reading 700 pages sounds like an excellent use of a sick day in. Hope you're feeling better!