Wednesday 5 July 2017

And the flowers are blooming...

No, the knitting did not get started.   I picked up another project and am making good progress now on the Flower Initial.
As a lover of counted work I never find free style embroidery easy but this is coming along well.   This choice of shot silk from my stash was not the most inspired choice as the colour makes a hard base to match floss but so far so good.   Hopefully in the weekend I will get a photo in natural light which may show everything up a lot better.

5 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Those are some lovely flowers :)

Ann said...

This is beautiful!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think your choices are good - the stitches are so pretty when you study them closely.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This looks very pretty. The new craft shop in town is running an embroidery course this summer so I'm going to go along and see what I can learn.

deb said...

Completely lovely!