Wednesday 22 November 2017

In which I attempt constructing an angel

Having completed this years ration of Christmas ornaments I pulled out the next ziplock bag from the construction pile.   Blithely I opened it up to find....
the stitching is not completed.   There are several hours of fancy lacework.   I am halfway done the wings and then there is the long border of the skirt.   You can see the foundations of that at the top of the photo. 
Just as well I love hardanger!
But tonight my favourite stitching is competing with a gripping book.
I'm hoping that my dreams tonight will not be haunted by this heartbreaking account of the tragedy at Okawa Primary School during the Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami of 2011

4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely, lovely ornaments all!

Merilde said...

Your work is so lovely, Margaret! The little snowman and all the ornaments were wonderful. Now, more hardanger! so pretty. I have not heard of that book, I can see why you can not put it down.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am sure you will make a beautiful job as usual! And it's only November as yet.

Leonore Winterer said...

The angel is coming along nicely, I'm looking forward to seeing more.